All Content and Photos are the property of Lucky-Lizard-Ranch and may not be used without permission.

November 29, 2010

Foodie news

As I am sure it has been at all your homes, it has been a week of food gatherings and cooking here!
The Foodie & Friends gathering yesterday at John and Camille's house was so much fun! Four different soups, many loaves of bread, indescribable sweets and one gentleman brought homemade boudin (Cajun Sausage), that was a huge hit!
The outdoor bread oven had been fired up the day before so the loaf I took we just baked in the regular oven, it turned out well and got raves. I will definitely repeat the recipe; it was a potato bread recipe I added dried basil and dried tomatoes to, with a garnish on top (burned off but was pretty initially).
We chatted and laughed for hours, sampling Souther Star Bombshell Blonde and Dave's Pumpkin Ale. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones too. It was so much fun I can hardly wait for next year!
The only regret was that I did not take more pictures, talking and laughing too much to remember to get the camera out. When I did get it out all I took was a picture of John's bread oven and some intriguing ducks that have taken up residence on their barn. Standing underneath it is pretty funny listening to them duck walk across the metal roof.

John's outdoor bread oven:

Basil bread rising:

Butternut Bisque:

Whistling ducks on John's barn:

Gingerbread and cheesecake squares:

Other dishes prepared this week:
Ham, Turkey, mashed potatoes, Turkey Tetrazzini, homemade gravy, pork stock, turkey stock, apple pie, rhubarb pie, apple crisp....that's all I can remember right this minute! No cooking tonight, we have some great leftovers!

1 comment: