All Content and Photos are the property of Lucky-Lizard-Ranch and may not be used without permission.

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and Welcome 2010

It is true that time seems to speed up the older I get. Last year flew by and I expect this one will too in retrospect. I hope August and September heat fly by and leave us without a hurricane. Oops getting ahead of myself, need to focus on the now.
Mom gave me a choice gift card to B&N, which I have just redeemed online for several picks from NPR's reading lists. All are fiction, that is my thing when I have a chance to read for fun I want it to be for fun. Here they are, let me know if you have read any or suggest different ones for the night stand in 2010: The Interrogative Mood: A Novel?, Cutting for Stone, Happens Every Day and The James Deans.
THE cookbook arrived! I have been perusing the introduction with a smile, Julia was a witty one wasn't she? Dave has chosen onion soup to accompany dinner tonight. It should go well with the beef roast entree (I have not decided which Julia recipe to try). I heard from a dear friend (he may or may not join us in this endeavor) who cautioned that Julia likes to be liberal with the wine. He made the beef bourguignon and remarks that unless one is especially enamored of wine and wine aroma filling the house, the recipe will work with half the original wine called for. (grin)
We will bring in the first day of the new year with good food, friends, and an easy day at home. The most energetic endeavors (besides cooking) will be hanging a new curtain rod in the living room, watching the Parade of Roses (Conroe High School marching band is entrant #53) and draining the water pipes in the barn tonight (supposed to get down to 24'F).
We are thankful for our family, friends and farm. We wish you all the best in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment