All Content and Photos are the property of Lucky-Lizard-Ranch and may not be used without permission.

May 9, 2010

Is there a tomato doctor in the house?

Here are the tomato beds: slicers, romas and the sad cherry tomatoes. The leaves are curled up and I don't know why. I treated with BT first, then 5 days later with insecticidal soap; yesterday I limed and fertilized their bed. The leaves are curling tightly up into themselves. I hope it is weather stress and not a virus, bug or fungus.
Any suggestions?



3 comments:

  1. Oooo, this looks like something I've had on my young tomato plants before. I believe it is wilt. Some plants can fight through it, although they will be weakened and never look as lush and productive as healthy plants. I was told it might have been caused by me re-using planter pots from one year to the next. This spring I started with all new, so we'll see if that theory holds! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I was talking about in my last post!! I've talked to several people-a few have even taken a look at the garden-most have agreed that it is due to our cool nights-and it hasn't reached 70 degrees here today-Crazy weather-but the squash did start blooming-go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With tomatoes it is always something! I had crop failure last year due to diseased leaves. Too much rain. I never know if it is early blight or late blight.

    I haven't planted outside yet because of our excessively cool nights. Now we are getting lots of rain....warming up though. It may be June before I get mine out.

    I hope yours go ahead and produce! Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete